One in three American adults has prediabetes and is “on the path” to developing type 2 diabetes. Good news! Type 2 diabetes can be prevented, or at least delayed. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends the Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) because it has proven to prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes.
HealthFlex offers two ways to participate:
1) Online through Omada Health®*, a partner of Quest Diagnostics® who provides Blueprint for Wellness®. This program includes:
- An interactive program to guide your journey
- A wireless smart scale to monitor your progress
- Weekly online lessons to empower you
- A professional health coach for added support
- A small group of participants to keep you engaged
Visit omadahealth.com/wespath to take a short risk test and learn more about the online program.
2) Reimbursement up to $500 per individual for participation in a community-based, in-person DPP.
For more information about reimbursement for a community-based, in-person DPP, call the Wespath Health Team at 1-800-851-2201 for details. You can also visit DoIHavePrediabetes.org to take a risk test and find a DPP class in your local community.
We are excited to offer this valuable new benefit for those at risk to develop diabetes! HealthFlex well-being programs are voluntary.